Delaney and Co Solicitors Ltd
Criminal Defence. Legal Aid and Private Work.
Criminal Law Firm. Criminal Solicitors.
Tel: 01992 631542. Emergency 24hrs 07435 972276
About Delaney and Co Solicitors Ltd
We are a bespoke practice, specialising in all aspects of criminal defence work.
Unlike our larger competitors, we offer a very personal client care service. You are considered an individual not merely and Matter Number. We affirm that you will be treated with kindness, respect and understanding. Equally, you will receive advice, assistance and representation of the highest quality.
Responsibility for the work:
You will always know who has primary conduct of your case.
Our Fee Structure:
We are clear about our legal fees. These are set out in our terms and conditions within our Client Care and Engagement letters. Additionally, some cases are too complex or subject to change to warrant fixed fees. In such cases, we will try to be as flexible with our fees as the case will allow. Where this does not apply our fees are fixed as follows:
Criminal Cases Fixed Fee Menu.
All fees are exclusive of VAT and disbursements.
Each Further Adjournment Hearing
Not Guilty Plea (One Day Trial)
Trial Each Further Day
Fully advise and attend with you at benefit fraud/overpayment £750.
Traffic offences, guilty plea – fixed fee £750.
Not guilty plea – fixed fee £2000 for half a day trial.
Not guilty plea – fixed fee £4000 for two or more days trial.
Two hours attendance/preparation:
- Considering evidence.
- Taking your instructions.
- Providing advice on likely sentence.
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the magistrates court.
The fee does not include:
Instructions of any expert.
Taking statements from any witnesses.
Advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing.
Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal.
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- Your solicitor will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide you with advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if required.
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the date of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow-up questions you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you if advice and representation is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
If you are found ‘not guilty’, we will appeal for a Costs Order so that you will be able to recover your legal costs (at legal aid rates). In the Crown Court, you will be able to recover your costs if you have been refused legal aid.